Episode #77: Karinn Gallagher
Perhaps one of the most requested episodes of the podcast has been one focused on Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture in particular. While I have wanted to jump into this topic for a while now, the timing just hasn’t been right. I knew I wanted to speak to someone I really trusted and knew would be able to answer my questions in an easy to understand manner and until I got connected to Karinn Gallagher, that wasn’t a possibility. Luckily, a few months ago the stars aligned I finally met Karinn in person. I knew immediately we needed her wealth of knowledge on the show.
For anyone who has been curious about TCM, acupuncture, cupping, Chinese herbs and how they can benefit you, this episode is for you! It’s also a great conversation on the wellness community in San Francisco and how important those human connections truly are.
Here are a few things we talked about in today’s episode:
- What led Karinn to study TCM
- What is Traditional Chinese Medicine and which practices are used
- What is “Qi” and ways you can help balance it
- The benefits of acupuncture and does it really hurt?
- Cupping and how it differs from acupuncture
- What are meridians and using acupressure on them
- Some of Karinn’s favorite herbs and the ones she recommends for different ailments
- How to use TCM in conjunction with western medicine
- What advice she would give to her 20 year old self
LISTEN HERE: iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Player.FM | Podbean | Spotify
This episode is brought to you by Kettle & Fire. I absolutely love Kettle & Fire Bone Broth and now their amazing grass-fed, organic soups. I’m especially a fan of the Thai Curry Soup and Bone Broth Chili . Use code THEHEALTHYMAVEN to receive 20% off your first order + free shipping!
Do you have any questions for Karinn?
WANT PODCAST EPISODES RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX? Join the THM Community!
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive info about podcast episodes, where to download episodes and healthy living tips.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.